Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Wear your beauty confidently
Schedule your consultation
Frequently asked questions
Over half of our blood is made up for plasma, which is straw colored liquid rich in platelets, white blood cells, stem cells, proteins, minerals, ions, growth factors, and chemical messengers. All of which are important for healing and repair. We obtain platelet rich plasma (PRP) by drawing a sample of your blood, spinning it in the centrifuge, and the red blood cells are then separated from the PRP.
The concentrated plasma contains key components of tissue repair and regeneration, taken from your blood, PRP is placed topically when combined with micro-needling and/or injected into the skin to stimulate the formation of new collagen and elastin.
PRP can be used topically in combination with micro-needling or injected into the skin alone. It can be used on skin almost anywhere on the body. It improves the following: fine line and wrinkles, dull or tired skin, décolletage texture and tone, scars, stretch marks, and hair loss.
It is tolerated well. A topical prescription strength numbing cream is applied prior to injections.
As with any injectable treatment, there may be redness, tenderness, swelling and possibly bruising. Swelling, particularly if treatment is administered around the eyes, may be quite marked in the first 24 hours, and may take up to a week to settle.
I will provide aftercare instructions designed to minimize risk and promote healthy recovery.
The results develop over a period of months, improving skin tone and elasticity, and may last over a year. Results may be achieved after a single treatment, although it is recommended to do a MINIMUM of 3 treatments 4-6 weeks apart, then 1 treatment every 6 months or yearly depending on the desired results.
All treatments carry a degree of risk. All risks and complications will be discussed with you at consultation and prior to any treatment being agreed.
Since the PRP used is the patient’s own blood, the risk of disease transmission, allergic reaction, toxicity or rejection are avoided. Side effects include, but may not be limited to: redness, swelling, bruising, and/or tenderness.
There are a number of medical conditions and or medicines that may affect the decision to treat or the treatment plan. A full medical history and assessment of your expectations is necessary in advance of any decision to treat.
Treatment is not recommended:
- If you are suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment area or are unwell in any way (even a cold).
- If you have previously experienced allergic reactions to any local anesthetic.
- If you are taking any medicines which affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin.
- If you are taking steroids or have autoimmune disease.
- If you have any bleeding disorders.
- If you are undergoing chemotherapy.
- If you suffer from a poorly controlled medical condition.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Injections on the face can trigger the cold sore virus. If you are a sufferer, you must advise me in advance of treatment.
- Some over the counter medicines and supplements can also affect bleeding (make you more prone to bruising) as can alcohol which should be avoided the day before and after treatment.
- Smoking may affect the results of the treatment.
A consultation will be able to better assess and plan your future treatments which are customized for you and your aesthetic goals.
Renew Medical Aesthetics accepts the following payment methods:
- Most major credit cards
- Renew e-gift cards
- Care credit
Payments for all services and products are due at the time of the treatment. For package treatments, payment for the entire package is due at the time of the first scheduled treatment.
Can I combine treatments?
You can have the following treatments on the same day:
- DermaSweep + Dysport
- VI Peel + Dysport
- VI Peel + Dysport + Lip filler
- Filler + Dysport
- Dermaplaning + facial
- Dermaplaning + Microneedling
- Dermaplaning + DermaSweep
- Microneedling + PRP
You need to separate treatments by the following time frame:
- VI Peel and Microneedling – 4 weeks
- VI Peel and VI Peel – 4 weeks
- Microneedling and Microneedling – 4 weeks
- DermaSweep and DermaSweep – 10-14 days
- DermaSweep and VI Peel – 2 weeks
- DermaSweep and Microneedling – 2 weeks
- VI Peel and Facial – 2 weeks
- Microneedling and Facial – 2 weeks
- DermaSweep and Facial – 1-2 weeks