Love the skin you're in!
Schedule your treatment today!
Frequently asked questions
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation. A sterile single use surgical scalpel is used to gently removed the top-most layer of dead skin along with vellus hair (peach fuzz).
Think about it like shaving. Can you feel it, yes!
Does it hurt? When done correctly it does NOT hurt.
The benefits of dermaplaning include:
- Removal of “peach fuzz” (vellus hair)
- Better product penetration
- Smoother make-up application
- Reduction of hyperkeratosis (thickening of skins outer later)
There may be mild redness. You skin should look and feel smoother. Sooooo smooth but please refrain from touching your face repeatedly after treatment, and only touch with freshly washed hands.
Avoid wearing make-up until the following day. SPF is important EVERYDAY however especially after facial procedures including dermaplaning. Using a hydrating serum will be optimal after dermaplaning.
The hair may FEEL different since it was cut straight across, however it is actually the same texture.
The hair will grow back the same length, thickness, color and speed it was prior to the dermaplaning.
If you already have thick, dark facial hair you should AVOID dermaplaning
Dermaplaning can be done safely on a monthly basis.
Although we “shave” the skin, it is done freehand with a scalpel and requires a specific technique, a skillful hand and a delicate touch.
You should avoid dermaplaning:
- If you have active acne or cystic acne
- If you have sensitive skin
- If you have skin conditions such as Rosacea and keratosis Pilaris
- If you already have thick, dark hair
- If you have a condition such as hirsutism
A consultation will be able to better assess and plan your future treatments which are customized for you and your aesthetic goals.
Dermaplaning is a great add on treatment for the following services:
- Superficial Chemical Peel
- Facial (see facial page)
- VI Peel (for select clients)
Can I combine treatments?
You can have the following treatments on the same day:
- DermaSweep + Dysport
- VI Peel + Dysport
- VI Peel + Dysport + Lip filler
- Filler + Dysport
- Dermaplaning + facial
- Dermaplaning + Microneedling
- Dermaplaning + DermaSweep
- Microneedling + PRP
You need to separate treatments by the following time frame:
- VI Peel and Microneedling – 4 weeks
- VI Peel and VI Peel – 4 weeks
- Microneedling and Microneedling – 4 weeks
- DermaSweep and DermaSweep – 10-14 days
- DermaSweep and VI Peel – 2 weeks
- DermaSweep and Microneedling – 2 weeks
- VI Peel and Facial – 2 weeks
- Microneedling and Facial – 2 weeks
- DermaSweep and Facial – 1-2 weeks
Renew Medical Aesthetics accepts the following payment methods:
- Most major credit cards
- Renew e-gift cards
- Care credit
Payments for all services and products are due at the time of the treatment. For package treatments, payment for the entire package is due at the time of the first scheduled treatment.
YouTube video with Hannah Stone
I had so much fun with Hannah Stone, if you don’t know she is the girlfriend of Tristan Jass, 1.4 million IG followers and counting. She has her very own Youtube channel so please check HER out!
This is a video of her first visit with me where we had a consultation, I gave product and service recommendations and completed a dermaplaning service.
Background story of how we met: My husband, Officer Kelly (along with other officers) and Tristan Jass played basketball together… their video had millions and millions of views! Such a small world and they are local so it was only a matter of time before we connected. What a sweet girl. SO happy to have met her and excited to see what comes next! Please show her YouTube channel some love and subscribe.
BLOG: This Wisco Mama
“As a mom of two under two, I don’t get much time to myself. I preach a lot about practicing self care, but sometimes I need to listen to my own advice!
Recently I did just that! I finally did something for myself, something I’ve been wanting to try for awhile now. Have you ever heard of Dermaplaning? If you haven’t heard of it, you’re about to because I am OBSESSED.”
Please check out her Blog and what she all has to say about Dermaplaning experience!