Love the skin you're in!
Frequently asked questions
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation. A sterile single use surgical scalpel is used to gently removed the top-most layer of dead skin along with vellus hair (peach fuzz).
Think about it like shaving. Can you feel it, yes!
Does it hurt? When done correctly it does NOT hurt.
The benefits of dermaplaning include:
- Removal of “peach fuzz” (vellus hair)
- Better product penetration
- Smoother make-up application
- Reduction of hyperkeratosis (thickening of skins outer later)
There may be mild redness. You skin should look and feel smoother. Sooooo smooth but please refrain from touching your face repeatedly after treatment, and only touch with freshly washed hands.
Avoid wearing make-up until the following day. SPF is important EVERYDAY however especially after facial procedures including dermaplaning. Using a hydrating serum will be optimal after dermaplaning.
The hair may FEEL different since it was cut straight across, however it is actually the same texture.
The hair will grow back the same length, thickness, color and speed it was prior to the dermaplaning.
If you already have thick, dark facial hair you should AVOID dermaplaning
Dermaplaning can be done safely on a monthly basis.
Although we “shave” the skin, it is done freehand with a scalpel and requires a specific technique, a skillful hand and a delicate touch.
You should avoid dermaplaning:
- If you have active acne or cystic acne
- If you have sensitive skin
- If you have skin conditions such as Rosacea and keratosis Pilaris
- If you already have thick, dark hair
- If you have a condition such as hirsutism