Get your glow on
Schedule your consultation
Frequently asked questions
Chemical peels are one of the oldest cosmetic treatments performed. As knowledge and science have advanced, chemical peels are much more sophisticated and specific to a variety of skin problems. They are a non-invasive treatment that provide noticeable reduction in the appearance of the following: fine lines, dry or oily skin, dull or tired looking skin, pigmentation irregularities, scarring, acne, blood vessels, redness, and loss of skin elasticity. As a result, the skin is smoother, firmer with more even tone/color.
With most chemical peels you may feel a tingling sensation, this is tolerated well by most. Chemical peels treatments at Renew are completely customizable for each patient unlike other peels on the market.
You may be pink, a little dry and tight, you may experience dark patches that may last a few days, you may or may not peel, this doesn’t mean that the peel did not work. Many factors go into the “peeling” process.
What should I AVOID?
Vigorous exercise, sun exposure, sun beds, sauna should be avoided for 48 hours after treatment. Avoidance of the sun is recommended. You must wear sunscreen after treatment, but should always be wearing sunscreen even before treatment. Do NOT mechanically exfoliate.
Results will depend upon a number of factors, including the type of peel, skin preparation and aftercare, whether a single treatment, or a course of treatments.
A course of treatments is recommended initially, and then regular maintenance treatment will achieve the best results over a longer period of time. Don’t forget we continue to age therefore proper maintenance is necessary to achieve optimal results.
All treatments carry a degree of risk. All risks and complications will be discussed with you at consultation and prior to any treatment being agreed.
A variety of peels are available for general purchase on the internet. A great deal of knowledge is required in order to assess skin type, identify any contraindications (medical or medicines), diagnose the skin condition, prescribe the appropriate peel for the right skin, to prepare the skin appropriately and to ensure appropriate aftercare in order to minimize risk and ensure good results are achieved safely. Remember with peels one size does not fit all.
Misuse of peels can cause permanent skin damage, increased and long-term sensitivity, altered pigmentation, infection and scarring.
Treatment is not recommended:
- If you are suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment area or are unwell in any way (even a cold).
- If you have previously experienced allergic reactions to any ingredients in the peel solution.
- If you are taking any medications that cause photosensitivity.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are currently or have recently completed a course of Accutane 6 months.
- Although Retinol is good for us, it can have effects on the results of the chemical peel, so it is important to let me know what exactly you are using. We MAY need to stop it for a short period of time before and after we do the treatment.
- Chemical peels on the face can trigger the cold sore virus. If you are a sufferer, you must advise me in advance of treatment.
A consultation will be able to better assess and plan your future treatments which are customized for you and your aesthetic goals.
Can I combine treatments?
You can have the following treatments on the same day:
- DermaSweep + Dysport
- VI Peel + Dysport
- VI Peel + Dysport + Lip filler
- Filler + Dysport
- Dermaplaning + facial
- Dermaplaning + Microneedling
- Dermaplaning + DermaSweep
- Microneedling + PRP
You need to separate treatments by the following time frame:
- VI Peel and Microneedling – 4 weeks
- VI Peel and VI Peel – 4 weeks
- Microneedling and Microneedling – 4 weeks
- DermaSweep and DermaSweep – 10-14 days
- DermaSweep and VI Peel – 2 weeks
- DermaSweep and Microneedling – 2 weeks
- VI Peel and Facial – 2 weeks
- Microneedling and Facial – 2 weeks
- DermaSweep and Facial – 1-2 weeks
Renew Medical Aesthetics accepts the following payment methods:
- Most major credit cards
- Renew e-gift cards
- Care credit
Payments for all services and products are due at the time of the treatment. For package treatments, payment for the entire package is due at the time of the first scheduled treatment.